Gelatin is a wonderful health supplement made of animal collagen which makes it is so effective in natural skin care. Gelatin is largely composed of the amino acids glycine and proline(naturally found in the bones, fibrous tissues and organs of animals), which many people don’t consume in adequate amounts. These amino acids are needed not only for proper skin, hair and nail growth, but for optimal immune function and weight regulation.
When used for facial treatments, gelatin corrects the skin collagen deficiency which appears with age, removes fine wrinkles, and stimulates blood circulation making your skin more radiant. It is often used in beauty salons for skin lifting and tightening because gelatin molecules are much smaller than those of other collagen products and penetrate the skin more easily. It’s also added in shampoos for hair-shimmering effect.
When you apply it to your facial skin it binds with the dead skin cells and oil that clogs your pores, clearing your skin when you peel it off. This is also why gelatin has a softening effect on your skin and as it dries, it will also help to firm and tone it.
The gelatin face mask recommended here is one of the most efficient, tried and approved by lots of women.
Before applying this facial mask, clean your face and neck with fresh water. Take off all cosmetics, creams, lotions, in short: everything. Use a non-abrasive, non-aggressive soap if necessary. When finished, pat your skin dry.
When you have applied the gelatin face mask, make sure you take your time to lie down, place a towel under your head and neck. Put 2 cucumber slices on your eyes; or use 2 used and cooled down chamomile teabags or 2 cotton pads soaked in rose or lavender water.
– 2 tbsp. water
– 1 tsp gelatin
– 2 tsp mashed banana (bananas are a rich source of vitamins and nutrients)
– Mix the gelatin and water leaving it for ten minutes to reach the right consistency.
– Add the banana puree and stir well.
– Spread the paste gently and equally with a facial mask brush or spatula on your clean face and neck; keep the eye and upper lip area clear.
– Now lie down, relax and leave the mask on until it gets dry (about 20 minutes).
– Then peel it off, starting under your chin in an upward motion, this will tingle a bit.
– Finally rinse with fresh cold water; pat your skin dry with a clean towel.
You can use the mask for 2-3 times a week. It won’t be long before you notice a considerable difference on your face skin. It’ll soon become tighter and more radiant.