One latest research has find out that the extract of pomegranate is very helpful in cases of cardiovascular diseases. It prevents the thickening of the coronary arteries due to fat increase, known as atherosclerosis.
The pomegranate gives superb benefits for our health, because it also reduces inflammation and normalizes high blood pressure. Also, this fruit improves the blood flow in our cardiovascular system, and because of that its consumption prevents heart diseases and attacks.
Pomegranate is an excellent fruit. It is rich in powerful favorable components for our entire health, and thus it gives many benefits. Some of its best benefits are the following:
- Reduces bad LDL cholesterol levels
- Have anti-inflammatory properties which are great in defeating inflammations
- They are rich in antioxidants and, thus effectively prevent heart diseases
- Pomegranate is rich in vitamin C which is great in the fight against infections
- Its regular consummation prevents breast cancer, lymphoma, prostate cancer, and diabetes.
- It lowers the body fat, particularly the most dangerous one- visceral fat
- Pomegranate care for DNA
- Pomegranate reduces plaque deposits in the arteries and prevents blood accumulations
- Pomegranate recovers the liver function
- Pomegranates the infants. (Consumption pomegranate juice in pregnancy helps to protect the baby’s brain, as shown in one study)
- Pomegranate is very beneficial for your teeth
The best alternative is raw pomegranates, but you can also take them in your salads or as a dessert.
When buying pomegranates, always pick the ones rich in color, without cuts and spots. The best ones are the large, smooth and firm ones.
You should keep the pomegranates on dry and cool places, and they can be eatable for a month. If you kept them in the fridge, they can last up to 2 months.