It’s a fact; the Standard American Diet is simply SAD. All the processed “ready to use” foods, junk food, and GMO foods are just too much for our bodies to digest on a daily basis.
We are not simply talking about the terrible food additives; we are also implying the harmful effects these foods have on our bodily pH levels.
The human body is intended to be an alkaline organism, and by consuming large amounts of processed food, the odds are that you raising your acidic body levels.
Acidic foods can change your blood pH from a normal alkaline level to an unhealthy acidic level. This consequently has an impact on your immune system making you prone to illness.
The Alkaline Diet
Even if your blood pH levels aren’t worrying you (i.e. if you have sufficient nutritious intake per day), the following alkaline nutriments will have beneficial effects on your body for numerous reasons and will contribute to your general health.
Top 5 Alkaline Foods
- Swiss Chard
An excellent alkaline food, Swiss chard, has significant anti-bacterial and anti-viral effects on your body, alongside its benefit of cleansing the body of free radicals.
At a pH level of 8.5, which makes them super alkaline, all sorts of melon are excellent colon cleansers. This particularly refers to watermelon because of its abundance in fiber and water (92% of its content is water!).
If you’ve had enough with wheat, buckwheat is an excellent replacement! It will boost your energy for the day and can even help prevent cardiovascular disease.
- Olive Oil
This Mediterranean treasure is packed with vitamin E and monounsaturated fatty acids.
- Flax Seed
Except for being alkaline, flax seeds are also rich in fiber and vitamin E. They have beneficial effects on inflammation and hot flashes in menopause.
Other Alkaline Foods
– Avocado – it’s rich in healthy monounsaturated fats for a healthy heart.
–Bananas – ripe bananas are super alkaline!
– Berries – they have large amounts of antioxidants.
– Carrots – the beta-carotene in carrots will have positive effects on your eyesight.
– Garlic – it’s highly efficient in regulating blood pressure.
– Broccoli – steamed broccoli is successful in cutting cholesterol levels.
– Grapes – packed with multivitamins and antioxidants, grapes will reduce your blood pressure.
– Pineapple – it stimulates weight loss.
– Alfalfa Sprouts – not only are they easily digested, but they are also abundant in enzymes that maintain your hormonal balance.
– Lemons– a great alkaline food, lemons are highly beneficial for cold, cough and flu treatment.
– Brussels Sprouts – they have anti-cancerous properties.
– Sauerkraut – this fermented food increases your probiotic intake.
– Cauliflower – a great nutriment to replace bread!
– Grapefruit – it’s an excellent source of vitamins A and C.
– Seaweeds – rich in iron, they are effective acid reducers.
– Quinoa – keeps your blood sugar levels.
– Cucumber – its 90% water content has prominent skin-radiating effects.
– Parsley – it’s a great intestinal cleanser.
– Mango – it’s an excellent colon cleanser.
– Spinach – it’s the best, vitamin-abounding vegetable.
– Oranges – it’s excellent for cold treatment.
– Papaya – it is a natural laxative which keeps your colon clean.